2.19.2010

Moments of waste; Value eternal.

While walking through the days with Time on my heels, tapping my shoulder now and again, my thoughts consistently loom over the optimism of death. It's so often been my hope, the promise of 'now' not being my future, but 'then'.

Difficult my cage that binds me far beneath my shelter.
The Curse, knowledge seeing infinite within finality.
Left disappointed, God looks down on me;

"Gifts of love beyond the finite?
Purpose no immortal soul could bear?
Graciousless you curse the skin I've wrapped you in!"

As angels look on my life with envy, I stumble to find my role in a chaotic realm.
A perfect life lies waiting for me to pick it up; not beyond the veil but within the imperfection in which I'm cast.
An immortal soul tainted with mortality, is me.
A haggard weed given the chance to bloom and flourish in a barren land.
Being fed Almighty wisdom and watered with the promise of value, I repent and gorge on His sustenance.
Shortsightedness had blinded me again.
Is forever how long it will take me to learn His love?

3 comments:

  1. A short explanation may be neccesary for this one :)

    I'm continually finding myself looking forward to the next life and so quickly looking past the point of this one.
    I'm here to be an example of His love so others don't have to live in sorrow or hopelessness.
    I'm here to broaden the scope of who God is to those caught in the perspective of tradition without meaning or memorization without purpose.
    I'm here because I'm supposed to be. When I'm supposed to leave, I'll be taken. Until then, I need to continually hand the reins back to Jesus and apologize for ripping them out of His hands again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your last two lines......and even when we have forever, I think it will NEVER be too much time with Him!!!

    ReplyDelete